Altar of Wisdom – TheGridFather v1.4
Item Price: 25.00€
The GridFather [VST/AU] Random MIDI Grid Sequencer
The GridFather brings the AutoGrid-MIDI concept to non-Live users, as it is a regular plugin (AU/VST/VST3 for Windows and macOS).
The GridFather is a Midi FX / Synth plugin (depending on what DAW you’re in), that sends random grid synths patterns to 8 different MIDI channels, one note at a time so they never plays simultaneously.
I’s a huge timesaver for building interesting patterns with different sounds, or sequencing arpeggios or basslines, making sure they don’t overlap whatsoever. The resulting MIDI can be recorded onto the DAW and further tweaked afterwards to fit best to the track, The GridFather is not intended to create full tracks, though it can be used for live performance to generate evolving patterns without needing too much work on stage.
The GridFather offers the following parameters:
- Control of the 8 channels probabilities of playing.
- Time allocation control between four different time divisions from 1/32 to 1/2, including dotted and triplet notes
- Ability to slow down the whole device up to 64 times using the “multi” parameter (providing up to 32 bars long notes to trigger arpeggios or full patterns on the target tracks for example)
- Minimum and maximum length per note (as a percentage of each time division)
- Minimum and maximum velocity per note
- Note probability (to insert some random silences and thus play with density)
- Ability to transpose every note from the root incoming note, up to 5 octaves above root note, with per note degree probability (from 1st to 12th note)
- Ability to directly load a given scale to instantly map the note degrees probability (60+ scales provided in a dropdown menu for example to directly select a major scale, or a 7th arpeggio, …)
- Ability to have phrases per channel (to have sub rhythmic patterns play on one channel before switching to the next one), with a minimum and maximum time division per phrase (from changing at each note to 8 bars long phrase)
- Fully automatable parameters
- Loopable random engine to loop the same random pattern again and again, or to load it back with a simple number, pattern being stored in the preset and project.
- automatic modulation of one Midi CC and Pitch bend upon note trigger (rest/min/max value and ramp time)
Set-up and choice of plugin (AU/VST/VST3 and SYNTH/MFX) strongly depends on the DAW and OS, as it is necessary to create a MIDI loop for the patterns to come back to the DAW (using IAC bus under OSX, and loop Midi for example under Windows), but it is also possible to control hardware synths with it, provided they can be set to listen to midi channels 1 to 8.